8 Strategies for Achieving Total Wellness
The wheel of wellness allows us to examine different areas of our lives. We can improve our overall health in many ways. When doing this we become happier and healthier, which leads to more fulfilling and enjoyable lives.
Here are eight focus areas for total employee wellness:
- Physical Wellness: Take care of your body by exercising, eating well, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep and keeping medical appointments.
- Emotional Wellness: Understanding your feelings in order to learn and grow from experiences.
- Intellectual Wellness: Finding ways to continually expand knowledge through educational activities.
- Spiritual Wellness: Abiding by a set of values or practices that help you cope with issues.
- Environmental Wellness: Maintaining a healthy, safe and stimulating home and community.
- Social Wellness: Developing meaningful social connections, healthy relationships and a strong support system.
- Occupational Wellness: Achieving satisfaction from your work and the pursuit of improvement.
- Financial Wellness: Attaining security through sound money management, budget expenses,
and saving to meet goals.